Friday, April 22, 2016

Walking in a ♥WASHI♥ Wonderland

We're thrilled to have a fantastic sponsor joining us this week, please join us in welcoming... Eyelet Outlet!



We (Stephanie and Lauren) both have the privilege of being on the Eyelet Outlet Design Team, so they provided both of us with Washi Tape to use on our cards, as well as a prize for one lucky participant that will include these adorable holiday sock monkey brads, as well as red glitter washi tape (which Stephanie used on her card this week) and holiday glitter brads. Of course, one of the best things about being on a great design team is getting to meet the other team members, and we're pretty excited to have our fellow EO designer, Barry Snarr playing along with us this week. Be sure to check out the fabulous creations on his blog, The Prince of Paper, and leave him some love!


Meanwhile, here's what we created for our WASHI wonderland:


Barry used these cool Eyelet Outlet goodies on his card:  



Stephanie says, "I used the gorgeous red glitter washi tape (which is all of the sparkle & none of the mess) together with stippled gem brads and a blingy flourish to decorate a journaling card.  I added silver shimmer paper and a blue card base to match my wrap of twine using this week's Retro Sketch."


Lauren says, "Eyelet Outlet's ornament washi tape might be my current favorite, but don't tell the other tapes, ok?! ;) It inspired me to make some baubles similar to the ones on the tape. The green one has a base of patterned paper, adorned with eyelet outlet paper flowers and clear edge bling; the golden one is made of plain white cardstock, gussied up with glitter gold washi tape; and the third is composed of holiday dots washi tape applied in neatly lined-up strips, to make an all-over pattern. For hangers I've used white pearl strips; I also have smaller pearl strips in red to highlight the original piece of tape I started with. I knew exactly how to arrange everything because I used the super-cool current (#408) Sketch Saturday!"

Now it's your turn to grab your favorite washi tape (deco tape, glitter tape, packing tape and fabric tape are also fine!!!) and make as many gorgeous new holiday cards as you feel inspired to create! One lucky card-maker who links up with us this fortnight will be randomly chosen to win the super-fun Eyelet Outlet prize described above. Deadline is 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, May 4th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:16:09.

2 comments:

Electra said...

I have been singing the Walking In... carol all day. Thanks everyone for the great inspiration!

Sybrina K said...

Love the inspiration cards! All of the cards show such creative uses of washi, and Barry's card sure is fab with those Eye Outlet goodies. :)

I'm so glad I finally came up with a card for a challenge. There's not a lot of washi in my stash -- mainly because I'm washi-challenged. So, this was a good challenge for me to attempt.