Friday, January 15, 2016

Oh Christmas Tree

We know you just put your Christmas Tree away (although I heard rumors that some might still be enjoying the twinkling lights), but we're asking you to pull out a Christmas Tree from your crafty stash and make a holiday card.  It could be a die cut, a stamp, some origami, or perhaps some pretty holiday paper you've been hoarding ... just make sure your card includes a holiday tree.


Stephanie says, "As I was going through my stash, I realized a have quite a lot of discontinued holiday papers.  I found this trio of Christmas trees in some Kaiser Craft paper and built my card around it ... a border sticker, SRM Sticker sentiment and a few sequins make it come together quickly when your papers are pretty."


Lauren says, "I recently acquired an envelope full of cancelled postage stamps from the 1970's, some of which are very pretty, like these red and green Santa ones, which I decided would make a really fun diecut xmas tree. I used one of my favorite (ancient!) dies (Sizzix's Tree, Christmas #2) to make that happen. I also used retro sketches #196 to guide the layout of my elements."

So now it's your turn to pull out the stamps, (rubber or postage, lol!) the stickers, or the pretty papers which contain a Christmas tree, use them to make a lovely new holiday card, and link up here by 6pm (EST) Wednesday, January 27th. Keyword for galleries or Flickr is JB:16:02.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful cards, ladies!

Barbara Godden said...

Great challenge, omg I have a zillion trees and a few tree dies how am I going to decide. Fabulous inspiration too.

Lorraine said...

Beautiful cards and beautiful trees!

Lisa said...

I'm going to try to come back to the fold! Love the new prompt and as always your samples are beautiful.

I've missed you guys and definitely missed my ore prepared cards last year when December came around.

Kathyk said...

Fab DT makes and entries so far, I've submitted a batch of tags for this challenge, whilst they match your criteria I'm not sure tags are acceptable, please delete my entry if not eligible

Many thanks

Kathyk

Electra said...

Love your samples ladies, as I always do! Thanks for the inspiration!! You rock!

Anonymous said...

fabulous tree cards and i love your different takes!