Friday, April 24, 2015

We Wish You a Merry SKETCH-mas

This week we've got a Sketch to inspire you (someday I'll learn how to make fancy digital sketches ... but for now, a ruler & black sharpie are my tools).  The circle can be any shape ... have fun with it.



Here's what we created:



Stephanie says, "I knew I wanted one of my dimensional, glittery gift tags to be my focal image, so I build my panels around it ... I used solid blue, *Merry Christmas* embossed red and glittery white to frame my Christmas Owl.  I finished with an SRM Sticker sentiment."


Lauren says, "At the moment I'm pretty addicted to watercolor paints and hand lettering, so I thought I'd try to incorporate that into my card. Thanks to the awesomely segmented design, I was able to work the sentiment on a separate piece of watercolor paper... just in case it didn't come out well on the first try. :) I also had fun painting a bunch of multi-colored holly leaves; and slightly less fun cutting all of them out, lol, but I *love* the dimension they give to the finished card!"

Can't wait to see what you create with my sketch.  The link-up ends at 6pm (EST) on May 6th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:15:09. ♥

5 comments:

Megan J said...

Wow guys! such gorgeous cards. Happy crafting

Serenity Stamper said...

Awesome!

Donna said...

Woo woo!! Another awesome challenge! Fantastic sketch and I love your creations ladies!!
{{Lauren I think the link on the blog to your blog might be broken??}}

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards, as always, and i love this sketch! with stephanie's permission, i'll be using it in the future.

Lorraine said...

I've fallen in love with both of your cards. The colors and of course that cute little owl!