Friday, March 27, 2015

Fa-La-La-La-La

This week at Jingle Belles we're enjoying a little Fa La La La La ... which means we're making cards (or gift card holders, or whatever else you'll be needing for the holidays) that incorporate music ... that are inspired by a holiday song ... or that include a holiday song title.

Here's what we created


Lauren says, "I couldn't decide which part of the prompt to use, so I did a little bit of all three aspects: OF COURSE I used some of my very favorite darkly patina-ed vintage sheet music; I've incorporated a Basic Grey dimensional "Deck the Halls" sentiment; and thematically, my inspiration comes from the song "The Holly and the Ivy". I've also made a round card, using the current cardabilities sketch (#119)."


Stephanie says, "I started with Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer in my head, so I began with a silver glitter reindeer gift tag as my focal point (with a red pearl for a nose).  Next I added a vintage sheet music background ... and since it was printed in a sienna brown ink, I built my color palette around it using this week's Deconstructed Sketch.  I finished with an SRM Sticker from another Christmas Carol lyric.".

Link up your newly made holiday card-- or cards-- that feature our musical theme between now and 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, April 8th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:15:07.



4 comments:

Deb said...

Okay, now you have me humming Christmas carols in March!! Great inspirations ladies, off to put some Christmas music on and come up with something :O)

The Craft Princess said...

Christmas is my favorite time of year and I usually start preparing for it the day after Christmas....so this is my kind of challenge!!! I'm so glad I found you guys :) Hugs...Janie

Lorraine said...

Great challenge and great cards ladies!

Anonymous said...

as always, beautiful cards lauren and stephanie!