Friday, October 18, 2013

I'm Dreaming of a ♥PINK♥ Christmas (and a CURE!)

We love all the prompts in the cardmaking year equally, Jingle Belles, but we think you'll understand if we confess that ♥PINK CHRISTMAS♥ has a special place in our hearts. Remember that for every new holiday card, featuring the color pink, which gets linked at the original post, Stephanie and Lauren are each donating $2 to the Susan G. Komen Foundation, for a total of $4 per card. There are NO LIMITS to how many times you can link up, so join in as often as you like! We do also have a little surprise packet of goodies to give away to a random card-maker, but mostly, what we want to do this week, is raise as much money as possible for this awesome cause!

Here are our cards:

Lauren says, "Over the summer, I remember seeing a page in one of my vintage Christmas Ideals magazines that was entirely in shades of pink, and I thought to myself, "Aha! I shall save that for Pink Christmas!" I must've put it in a very safe place, because despite a vigorous search, I just can not find it! Eventually, I settled upon the pretty ornaments you see here, which were very lovely, but in their original state they were GREEN and quite over-sized! Luckily a little Photoshop magic made them the right color, the right size, and all-round just right for this prompt. I used the current Retro Sketch for my layout, et voila!"


Stephanie says, "This week I went with a new-to-me line of papers from The Paper Studio called Santa & Friends that contains all sorts of fun pink hues ... who knew one of Santa's besties was a Winter Owl.  I paper pieced my Lawn Fawn Winter Owl using the fun pink snowflake paper for his scarf and orange glitter pen for his beak ... and added a few strips of washi tape to finish the design."

3 comments:

Brenda said...

I hope I have time to play along....great challenge,ladies!

Marie Bingaman said...

Lauren, your card is just luscious! Stef, your card is adorable! :)

Marie Bingaman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.