Friday, September 13, 2013

Vintage Views

This week we're celebrating all things vintage, and we'd love for ♥YOU♥ to join us by making a brand new holiday card with old-fashioned style. You can accomplish this by using actual vintage elements OR by incorporating one of the many lovely vintage-style paper crafting products that are on the market. Just in case you have nothing at all in your own stash that works, here are a couple of scans from Lauren's own (seriously enormous!) collection of vintage goodies that you may use in your fabulous card designs:



Now here's what we made this week:


Stephanie says, "I scanned a vintage holiday card for my base (I search for them whenever I'm at flea markets, especially ones with fun colors & illustrations like this one).  I removed *from the three of us* from the scan and added a *Let it Snow* sentiment from Christmas Magic for a clean & simple vintage design." 


Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "I used a slightly scaled down version of the 'Joy to the World' sheet music scan, as well as a floral bouquet cut from some vintage gift wrap, and a doily that I found in a box of garage sale goodies. I rounded out with mats and strips of patterned paper that I thought coordinated well with the gift wrap ...et voila! Another card for my 'Sane December' stack!"


Just in case you need a little *EXTRA* incentive, there's a prize on offer, from a fabulous Etsy shop called "Just Enough Stuff" which specializes in vintage ephemera for all occasions! Oh yes, and did we mention this shop just happens to belong to Lauren?! :) Here's what she has to say about the shop and the prize:


"Hi ♥JINGLE BELLES♥! You probably already know how much I looooooove to collect vintage paper goodies, from sheet music to postcards, to funky magazines, books and sewing patterns... if it's old and made of paper, chances are I have at least a little bit! My Etsy shop, Just Enough Stuff evolved out of the realization, a couple of years ago, that whereas *I* have far too many lovely bits and bobs, other folks might not have any! Thus I decided to try to even the balance by making the extras into fun ephemera packs... so we could ALL have Just Enough Stuff! One randomly selected card-maker who links up with us this fortnight will win one of my special Christmas Ephemera Assortments (like the one pictured above) and also a $10 gift certificate to spend at Just Enough Stuff! Good luck and have fun!"

So now it just remains for you to put on your vintage-style thinking cap, make a holiday card, and link up below between now and 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, September 25, 2013. Keyword for galleries and our flickr group is JB:13:19. We can't wait to see what you will do! ♥

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Vintage is always a real challenge for me, but with these fabulous samples I should be able to pull it off. Besides, Stephanie's card was a good reminder that vintage does not always need to involve layers. Thanks for the inspiration!

Barbara said...

I totally agree with Marianne: vintage is always a true challenge!! But I'm determined!! So sad I didn't manage to get a card in at the last challenge - loved it. And I will LEARN to love this one, too ;-)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous cards ladies!!!

Deanne :)

ValByDesign, Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.