Friday, September 27, 2013

Shape-Up for the Holidays

This time at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ we're making cards which are not square or rectangular, so fire up your silhouette, break out the die cuts or, for those of us who are "old school", dust off those templates!  Think round, triangular, heart-shaped, tree-shaped, stocking-shaped, gingerbread house, candy cane, Santa's sleigh... or, well... your imagination and your scissor-skills are the only limits!

Here's what we made:




Stephanie says, " I chose my favorite Labels 20 Die Cut for my card base shape.  I adhered four 3-inch squares of designer paper to a cardstock scrap before centering my die cut and rolling through my Cuttlebug. Papers & chipboard Santa are from Basic Grey's 25th & Pine Collection and sentiment is an EAD Designs sticker.  The Sketch is from the Weekly Christmas Card Challenge."




Lauren says, "My go-to strategy for shaped cards is to choose simple forms and paper-piece them. These pretty packages are based on some from a retired digital elements kit by Mindy Terasawa, called "Jolly Lil' Friends". I printed one of each present onto cardstock at my desired size (approx. 5x6") and then used them as templates to cut the gifts and bows from scraps of patterned paper. The result is a unique--but similar--card for each of my nieces and nephews; kind of like kissin' cousins!"

Link up before 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, October 9, 2013. Keyword for galleries and the flickr group is JB:13:20.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for another fun prompt stephanie and lauren! your cards are very colourful, festive and creative.
linda