Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Look What Santa Brought Me!

For the very first JINGLE BELLES prompt of 2013, we're celebrating all things new, and using them to create our first holiday cards of the year. Specifically, we're asking you to gather up the new crafting goodies you received for the holidays, use as many as you'd like on a card, and then link it up below! Just in case all you got from Santa was a bag of coal, then break out something from your crafting arsenal that you haven't created with yet; OR, if you have absolutely NOTHING NEW* with which to create, we suppose you'll have to use this as a wonderful excuse to treat yourself to a little something from the post-holiday sales! ;) Be sure to tell us in your description what fun new items you are using, so we can all be suitably envious!

Here's what Santa brought the Jingle Belles for the holidays:

Stephanie says, "My mom bought me several goodies of my holiday wish list including this wonderful falling stars craft die.  I paired it with a punched snowflake & star; shimmer & glitter papers; and sentiment from Merry Everything for a relatively quick holiday card.

Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "i was lucky enough to receive quite a few crafty goodies from various lovely friends and family members; too many even for *ME* to put on just one card, lol! but i squeezed in as many as possible, including that gorgeous and almost-real candy cane from ros; a slightly reduced color-copied-page from a vintage "night before christmas" book from gina (she knows i collect them!); some gorgeous basic grey "kissing booth" papers from stephanie; holiday mulberry paper from my prima's "12 days of xmas card" prize; and finally some not-so-new but still very treasured webster's pages fabric ribbons which leslie gave me, last spring!"


So now it's your turn to grab your newest supplies and tools, and start the New Year off right by giving yourself what we predict will be one of the best holiday presents you'll EVER receive:  getting ahead-- and staying ahead-- with your holiday cards for 2013! Just to spur you on a little bit more, we'll be awarding this little Christmas-themed packet of crafty goodness:

(This prize includes: Teresa Collins 6x6 paper pad, My Mind's Eye trimmings, Prima crystals, Cosmo Cricket holiday type, K and Co cardstock diecuts, Dear Lizzy rub-ons, Imaginisce stamp and MORE!)

Yes, one lucky card-maker who links up with us between now and the end of this super-sized edition ofJINGLE BELLES inspiration-- 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, January 16th; will be randomly selected and announced on the following day. Keyword for galleries and our Jingle Belles Flickr Group is JB:13:01. Happy New Year, and Happy Crafting! ♥

*For the record, we don't actually *BELIEVE* this for a second, but we're all about supportive enabling here, and will thus happily write a note to your husband explaining why you absolutely HAVE TO head out to the craft store immediately and pick up a few new goodies! :) :) :) 

17 comments:

Pajalu said...

Both your cards are just gorgeous. I love the candy cane it looks so yummy!

rer said...

Great first challenge!! Love the new blog header you guys!! Looks amazing as always. Gotta go work on a card! :)

Barbara said...

Happy New Year to you!! And thanks for getting us all on track again for the 2013 Christmas cards ;-) Your creations are lovely, as is the new header.

Unknown said...

COOL idea, and great card! Can't wait to put my new Big Shot to good use. :)

Rose said...

Happy New Year!!!!
love the new blog look :)

D said...

What beautiful cards :) I especially love the falling stars die! Might have to take out the K & Co paper I got from my grandma-in-law :and make something...

Lisa said...

Wonderful to have you both back. Can't wait to get back into the card making again - you are right! This WAS almost the BEST gift I had this year - that wonderful pile of cards ready to go by the middle of November. I want that feeling again this year and I know that you two will fill me with just the right amount of inspiration to make that come true! Thanks and can't wait to see where this year takes us!

Marianne said...

YAY! I'm linking up early for a change. Now that's what I call a good beginning of the new year. Wishing you all a very happy, healthy and creative year. Love your cards and that new banner is pretty cool, too!

Lisa said...

So glad my favorite Christmas challenge is back, and as always, Stef and Lauren, AWESOME inspiration you provided for the first challenge!

Happy New Year ladies!

Sue Crease said...

Girls I love your new header and what a great challenge to start us all off with. I am hoping to post more than lurk this year. Best wishes to all.

Sue

Hi, I am Karen Driscoll said...

Hi, I am a new follower, and one of my favorite bloggers Pat@ patscraps.blogspot.com Told me about your great blog. It just so happens that one of my New Years resolutions is to make at least 1 Xmas card a week, because sadly with all the scrapping products that I own, I did not manage to get all the xmas cards out that I should have. I hope to check in every week for inspiration!! Karen♥

Anonymous said...

both of your cards are gorgeous and a great way to use new toys. love the new banner.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Yay, I get to used my new crafting goodies, thanks for the fun! Wonderful creation you both!!!!

Marie Bingaman said...

{sigh}...hoping to get in on this challenge...Great cards ladies! :)

SiskiyouSue said...

Great challenge and great inspiration. Mostly, though, I love your little footnote... Too funny!

Electra said...

Wow, busy place! Great cards to start the new year, ladies, thank for the wonderful inspiration!

Unknown said...

As always, thanks for the inspiration