Friday, October 5, 2012

♥ pink christmas... for the cure! ♥

if you played along with us last year at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ you might remember that we dedicated the first card-making prompt of october to breast cancer awareness month, and that stephanie and i (lauren) honored all of the brave women who are coping with, or have battled, that disease in a couple of ways: first by making pink christmas cards, and then by donating a dollar each to the susan g. komen fund for every pink christmas card our fellow belles made and linked up with us during the challenge period, and we raised $75! this year our prompts are twice as long, so we've decided to go twice as big: we'll be donating $2 each, for a total of $4 per card. so for anyone who's been thinking about joining in with us, but hasn't yet, *THIS* is the week, you guys, let's RAISE SOME MONEY!!! but first, let's make some ♥pink♥ christmas cards! 

the rules are simple: you can choose any shape, size, style, theme, sentiment, papers, embellishments and additional colors you want; you may combine with other challenges, use sketches from anywhere you like, and enter as many times as you wish, but you must make a NEW holiday card each time, and there has to be some pink on it somewhere! how much, and in what shade, we leave entirely up to you! 

we went all out, as you can see:


Stephanie says, "I decided to get pinky-inky for my card this week ... it started with a grunge board Christmas tree inked with Distress Stains, chalk ink and sprays of Glimmer Mist for all-over sparkle.  I used what I call my Flourish Surgical Technique (explained in more detail on my blog) to decorate my tree.  Finally, I used Distress Stain on a lacy doily for a pink background."



Lauren says, "i think everyone knows by now that i LOVE pink! i love it in every shade, from salmon to fuscia, from blush to cerise; i love it for birthdays and baby showers, and i really, REALLY love it for christmas! i don't think i can be alone in this, either, because every year i see a few more holiday paper lines with pink in them. on the other hand, you don't NEED a lot of specialty products; in fact, apart from my snowflakes and sentiment, everything on my card is from my "everyday stash" and yet i think it's very festive... and there's no arguing that it's definitely very VERY pink!"  

of course the ♥PINK CHRISTMAS♥ cards we're really longing to see are YOURS, jingle belles, so break out your pink cardstock, papers, ink, rhinestones, snowflakes, and... well... anything else you like, and link up here by 6pm (EST) on wednesday, october 17th. keyword for galleries and our flickr group is JB:12:21

10 comments:

Marianne said...

I love pink and I absolutely love what you're doing here. Creating gorgeous cards, challenging us to use pink AND raising money for a good cause!

Lisa said...

I had a feeling you guys were going to do this and YEAH!!!! I am not a fan of the color pink BUT to honor those who have battled this horrible disease, including friends and family of mine, I am more than happy to make a pink card!

And thank you ladies for donating to such a wonderful cause!!

MarvA1ix said...

What a fabulous idea to do pink christmas cards for the cure! Loved making mine.

Barbara said...

I loved this prompt last year already and thought it was such a great idea to raise money! Kudos to you for raising the stakes!

Julia Aston said...

Thanks for letting me know about your fun challenges Stef! I've linked my pink Christmas card!

Teresa said...

What a wonderful challenge and a great idea to raise money at the same time. Teresa xx

La Papera Gialla said...

Great Challenge! Good luck!

Andrea said...

great challenge a pleasure to take part good luck...x

Karen said...

Truly wonderful creations/designs!

Hugs,
Krafty Karen.xx

Electra said...

You ladies are the best! I spent an evening helping out, I hope you are happy when you check my post. Thanks for your generosity!