Friday, August 26, 2011

Midas Touch

this week we are thrilled to welcome back our lovely friend and devoted ♥JINGLE BELLE♥ miss leslie... aka the crooked stamper! if you've been playing along with us this year you've probably laughed as hard as we have at her hilarious tales of cardmaking, and you've probably gotten some nice comments on your own holiday cards from her, as well. but if you need a little more leslie, why not check out her etsy shop, or drop by the fabulously inspiring shopping our stash weekly challenge blog each tuesday?

you'll have guessed by the title that leslie's direction this week involves a decidedly limited--and gloriously metallic--color palette, since everything king midas touched turned immediately into gold. to widen the possibilities just a little further, we're stretching the point, and asking you to make your holiday cards from gold AND/OR silver, and we'll allow the addition of white AND/OR cream. yes, it's a teeny bit daunting, but once you get going, we think you'll have as much fun as the three of us did:



Leslie says, "I have a piece of pretty paper in my collection with a mottled background and shiny gold-embossed-impressed script words. Soooo pretty, and I thought it would make a cool Christmas card. Well. you know how those Belles are always telling us they would like us to suggest ideas for future challenges*, right? Gold... Midas... a challenge called the Midas Touch! :) And I used that paper as my background! I tried to stay with all gold for my card, in the Midas spirit!"



Stephanie says, "I decided to fully embrace silver with my card this week ... I pulled out my "metallic" scraps folder and went to town. Silver metallic card base; silver star paper (that is sort of holographic, so it changes when you move it); and silver glitter border cut into pieces. I finished with a white holiday sentiment rub-on from EAD Designs ... this baby sparkles."



Lauren says, "there's one in every crowd, isn't there? a person who just always has to push the limits; a crafter who, given the challenge of using ONLY silver and/or gold and cream and/or white, has to work in ALL of the above... in as many shades as possible! as usual, that person is me!!! :) i've got massively reflective silver letters, a silver transparency, a gold embossed reindeer, a few white-on-white patterns, creamy flocked damask, pearls, glitter, stickers, flowers... you name it! have i gone overboard? definitely! do i love this card anyway? oh yeah!!!"



and now it's time to see how ♥YOU♥ will embrace the midas touch! put on your thinking caps, pull out your metallic papers, baubles, bangles and beads... whatever it takes to rock the "heavy metal" between now and 6pm EST, next wednesday, august 31st. the keyword in our flickr group and for posting in galleries is JB35.






*we absolutely always ♥LOVE♥ to hear your ideas for future challenges, email us any time! jinglebellesrock @ hotmail [dot] com!

6 comments:

June Houck said...

What a perfect inspiration post! leslie in gold, Stephanie rockin' the silver (love those added gems!), and Lauren being totally Lauren (the white grid paper tree? Awesome!)

Tyggereye said...

These are terrific. I don't even know if I have any silver or gold items. Eep!

Karen said...

Oh dear gosh... where has this blog been my whole life?! Exquisite work, ladies! :o) I'm so excited right now and positively thrilled to have recently stumbled upon this happy place. :o)

Hugs and blessings!
http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com

Marie Bingaman said...

OMGoodness!!! What dazzling inspiration cards, ladies! I will have to get my thinking cap on for this one... :)

CarlaKH said...

Ohhh what gorgeous DT creations! I need to see if I have anything suitable to dig out....

Lisa said...

I was knocked out by the inspiration this week but was shocked to find I had NO silver or gold! So I had to make it work for me. Got there in the end but boy, your inspiration was hard to live up to :-)