Friday, March 25, 2011

the holly & the ivy

this week's JINGLE BELLES prompt is yet another festive song cue (nope...we never do get tired of them...why do you ask?) and this time, we're "going green"! for the holly and the ivy we'd like you to incorporate holiday foliage into your masterpiece. this could of course be literal holly and/or ivy; but then there's mistletoe, too, and did you know that poinsettias--whether red, white, green or even PINK --are all actuallly considered leaves and NOT flowers? so there's lots of room for ideas to "grow" on you! :)

here's what we did:


Stef says "I started with some fantastic velvet holly paper from SEI's Winter Song Collection and then added some red Cardinal & green holly stickers to fill in the branches. I finished with an adhesive border sticker along the side & chipboard sentiment along the bottom."


lauren's collage of foliage

lauren says, "being a big fan of festive greens myself, i've covered all the bases: my card has holly--in the form of vintage fussy-cut illustrations, stickers, and printed cardstock frames; mulberry paper ivy leaves; poinsettias of the home-made AND store-bought variety; plus a mistletoe-bedecked tag! something else of which i'm quite enamoured are the pixie sketches miss kirsty draws for us each month...and i think this one is particularly FAB!"



and now it's time to see what you will do: grab your stamps, your patterned paper, your embellies...or heck... even some silk or paper florals!... but let's see your best holiday foliage cards! the keyword for uploading at SCS or flickr is JB13; inlinkz closes at 6pm (EST) on wednesday, march 30th.







(please link the specific post in which your card is featured and not your whole blog! thanks!)

LAUREN

19 comments:

~amy~ said...

Fun challenge ladies....both your cards are wonderful!

June Houck said...

Ooooh, Stef, that border punch is beautiful and perfectly sets off your holly and cardinals! And Lauren, no one can combine varied elements like you and Kirsty...add a Kirsty sketch to the mix, and it's always a home run.

I gotta run errands right now, but I hope to return to play along! Happy Friday!

Rosemary said...

Great challenge theme and I love your cards - very inspiring and I love the vibrant colors! I'm definitely going to catch up and get back into the swing of the Jingle Belles!

Vanessa said...

Cool challenge!!! I already have ideas :D
LOVE the DT sample cards!! I especially love Lauren's collage!! What wonderful elements and such a great layout!!!!
:)

JLP said...

Great challenge and fabulous cards!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

I actually have some stickers that are perfect for this challenge! Thanks for getting me to use them!

Allison Rankin said...

Super fab. I have some MM Noel paper I am gonna use!

Lorraine said...

Stef, I am in love with your cardinal stickers - they are made to rest on the leaves of that fabulous paper.

Lauren, your collage is wonderful and certainly covers all bases - love the greenery in the corner too - perfect!

Rose said...

wonderful cards girls :) and another fab prompt :)

LeAnne said...

Wow, I always try to make one Christmas card a week! I'd love to play along! Gorgeous samples!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Judy Ford said...

Oh what fun I'm having Jingling with you Belles!!! I love Christmas! Thank you so much for hosting this great site!!! y'all are wonderful!!!

KanataNewf said...

A great challenge - I'm hoping my Christmas Tree counts as Christmas foliage!

Beverly G said...

Both your cards are wonderful, you girls really inspire with your talent. Glad I got to play along this week.

Jana said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous. I love this challenge. I am so happy to be back in the MOJO saddle again. Yeehaw.

Sue said...

Fab challenge ladies and what inspiration from the DT. Glad I got mine made in time!

Lisa Voerg said...

Just made it! Will be back to comment. Thank you for a great challenge.

KatheD said...

darn - i missed this one :( too much to do after vacation (but vacation was totally worth it)! i'll make the card and post it to the Flickr group this weekend AND do this week's prompt, too :) great turnout this week, great cards from everyone

Lisa - papergrace said...

Missed the cut off since I felt so lousy this week, but I made a card: papergrace designs

Sillyfilly said...

I have just found this blog and would love to play along. What day do you post your challenges? I don't have a blog so I would post to SCS.